Episode 74: Lymphedema: an unexplained mystery indeed!
I describe higher education as a little like a marathon! You finish it and feel elated but wow I am never doing that again and yet here I am working on my second masters in public health (and I have completed 3 marathons too ;))
In this week’s episode of Unspoken Cancer Truths I am hopping on my soapbox. Having read over 30 articles and completing extensive research this quarter I am sharing my findings on Lymphedema in the hope that anyone accepting pain or dealing with financial worries can get on the path to solutions.
I am covering:
- My frustrations with the ordering processes and insurance providers for the critical compression sleeves that are essential for the successful control of Lymphedema
- My (amazing) surgeon cited that only 5% of cancer patients get lymphedema – why I believe and the research supports this is just wrong.
- The financial impact of Lymphedma for cancer survivors and why I believe upfront financial education should be available to ALL
- The stats I have uncovered regarding breast cancer survivors and Lymphedema
- The importance of insisting on a Lymphedema consult. Lymphedema can become a problem at any time post surgery and treatment.
- Why you may have been suffering with it for years and not be aware of the signs.
Join me for a Coffee Chat here
Follow me on Instagram to get the latest updates on the podcast
Continue the conversation in my free private Facebook group, Surviving is JUST the Beginning
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 75: Health Awareness Month, EVERY Month You might be surprised to know that I'm not a fan of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (although I do appreciate the support!), but, I am an advocate for being health aware EVERY month, and I'm passionate about empowering...
Episode 73: Switching Up the Standard of Care with Stacey Tinianov Did you know that you have choices when it comes to treating your cancer? You CAN be in charge of your health and have the personalized care you want! My guest this week, Stacey Tinianov, is a mom,...
Episode 72: Make the Choices that Reclaim Your Power No one chooses the cancer journey for themselves, so it’s up to us to make the experience the best we can. Have you thought about what choices you can make to empower yourself and live more fully in the world? In...