Episode 74: Lymphedema: an unexplained mystery indeed!
I describe higher education as a little like a marathon! You finish it and feel elated but wow I am never doing that again and yet here I am working on my second masters in public health (and I have completed 3 marathons too ;))
In this week’s episode of Unspoken Cancer Truths I am hopping on my soapbox. Having read over 30 articles and completing extensive research this quarter I am sharing my findings on Lymphedema in the hope that anyone accepting pain or dealing with financial worries can get on the path to solutions.
I am covering:
- My frustrations with the ordering processes and insurance providers for the critical compression sleeves that are essential for the successful control of Lymphedema
- My (amazing) surgeon cited that only 5% of cancer patients get lymphedema – why I believe and the research supports this is just wrong.
- The financial impact of Lymphedma for cancer survivors and why I believe upfront financial education should be available to ALL
- The stats I have uncovered regarding breast cancer survivors and Lymphedema
- The importance of insisting on a Lymphedema consult. Lymphedema can become a problem at any time post surgery and treatment.
- Why you may have been suffering with it for years and not be aware of the signs.
Join me for a Coffee Chat here
Follow me on Instagram to get the latest updates on the podcast
Continue the conversation in my free private Facebook group, Surviving is JUST the Beginning
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 81: Unspoken Cancer Truths: The Year in Review I can’t believe we are at the end of 2021! It has been another amazing year of Unspoken Cancer Truths™, and I’m so glad you’ve joined me along the way. In this episode, I’m recapping a snippet of each episode,...
Episode 80: Recapture Your Well-Being .Are you prioritizing self-care and your well-being this holiday season? If you’re like me, you’ve probably been spending quite a bit of time on Zoom calls and meetings—so, I did a little research on “Zooming” and the impact it...
Episode 79: Normalizing the Conversation on Grief and Loss with Lesleigh J. Tolin Loss can occur in so many ways, and how we process the accompanying grief is an important step that is often overlooked. That’s why I am so excited to bring you my chat with...