Episode 52: Advocate for Your Health with Jodie Lin
Although hundreds of thousands are diagnosed with cancer each year, as individuals we still feel alone through our journey. Sometimes just speaking out about our experiences can bring a community together to support one another. Our guest on this week’s episode, Jodie Lin, is a two-time breast cancer survivor thriver whose cancer journey led her to become a certified health and wellness coach and holistic cancer coach. She helps people transform their lives by achieving a healthy balance in their diet and exercise habits. Join us to hear more about Jodie’s experiences with her cancer diagnoses, doctors, and road to recovery, as she shows us why the journey is better together than alone.
Tune in to hear:
- Jodie shares why she thought she did “everything right” before she was diagnosed with breast cancer
- Why you MUST voice your concerns to your doctor when something doesn’t feel right with your body
- Jodie and I share our difficulties with Celiacs Disease and therapy drugs
- Our TOP CLUES you might need a new doctor (and why advocating is so important!)
- Why you should embrace being “followed” by your oncologist (even after you complete your treatments!)
- Jodie tells more about her experience with post-mastectomy intercostal neuralgia
- And much more!
Connect with Jodie Lin at her website
Join Jodie Lin in her Facebook group “Intercostal Neuralgia : Breast Spasms post Mastectomies and/or Radiation”
Read more about intercostobrachial neuralgia research here
Continue the conversation in my free private Facebook group, Surviving is JUST the Beginning
Follow me on Instagram to get the latest updates on the podcast
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 81: Unspoken Cancer Truths: The Year in Review I can’t believe we are at the end of 2021! It has been another amazing year of Unspoken Cancer Truths™, and I’m so glad you’ve joined me along the way. In this episode, I’m recapping a snippet of each episode,...
Episode 80: Recapture Your Well-Being .Are you prioritizing self-care and your well-being this holiday season? If you’re like me, you’ve probably been spending quite a bit of time on Zoom calls and meetings—so, I did a little research on “Zooming” and the impact it...
Episode 79: Normalizing the Conversation on Grief and Loss with Lesleigh J. Tolin Loss can occur in so many ways, and how we process the accompanying grief is an important step that is often overlooked. That’s why I am so excited to bring you my chat with...