Episode 52: Advocate for Your Health with Jodie Lin
Although hundreds of thousands are diagnosed with cancer each year, as individuals we still feel alone through our journey. Sometimes just speaking out about our experiences can bring a community together to support one another. Our guest on this week’s episode, Jodie Lin, is a two-time breast cancer survivor thriver whose cancer journey led her to become a certified health and wellness coach and holistic cancer coach. She helps people transform their lives by achieving a healthy balance in their diet and exercise habits. Join us to hear more about Jodie’s experiences with her cancer diagnoses, doctors, and road to recovery, as she shows us why the journey is better together than alone.
Tune in to hear:
- Jodie shares why she thought she did “everything right” before she was diagnosed with breast cancer
- Why you MUST voice your concerns to your doctor when something doesn’t feel right with your body
- Jodie and I share our difficulties with Celiacs Disease and therapy drugs
- Our TOP CLUES you might need a new doctor (and why advocating is so important!)
- Why you should embrace being “followed” by your oncologist (even after you complete your treatments!)
- Jodie tells more about her experience with post-mastectomy intercostal neuralgia
- And much more!
Connect with Jodie Lin at her website
Join Jodie Lin in her Facebook group “Intercostal Neuralgia : Breast Spasms post Mastectomies and/or Radiation”
Read more about intercostobrachial neuralgia research here
Continue the conversation in my free private Facebook group, Surviving is JUST the Beginning
Follow me on Instagram to get the latest updates on the podcast
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 62: Thriving Beyond Cancer with Athena Scalise Waitt More and more people with cancer are living (and thriving!) beyond treatment. How can healthcare providers better meet their needs in a post-treatment world? I’m diving into this question with...
Episode 61: Optimism, Survivorship, and Self-Advocacy with Kelley Lennon A special podcast guest is returning for this episode to give us an update about her cancer journey—and I’m so excited to chat with her again. Kelley Lennon is a 37 year cancer survivor whose...
Episode 60: Why We Share Our Stories The main goal of the Unspoken Cancer Truths podcast is to provide a space where those impacted by cancer can come to share their stories, and connect with others who share similar experiences. I’ve found that giving meaning to your...