Episode 52: Advocate for Your Health with Jodie Lin
Although hundreds of thousands are diagnosed with cancer each year, as individuals we still feel alone through our journey. Sometimes just speaking out about our experiences can bring a community together to support one another. Our guest on this week’s episode, Jodie Lin, is a two-time breast cancer survivor thriver whose cancer journey led her to become a certified health and wellness coach and holistic cancer coach. She helps people transform their lives by achieving a healthy balance in their diet and exercise habits. Join us to hear more about Jodie’s experiences with her cancer diagnoses, doctors, and road to recovery, as she shows us why the journey is better together than alone.
Tune in to hear:
- Jodie shares why she thought she did “everything right” before she was diagnosed with breast cancer
- Why you MUST voice your concerns to your doctor when something doesn’t feel right with your body
- Jodie and I share our difficulties with Celiacs Disease and therapy drugs
- Our TOP CLUES you might need a new doctor (and why advocating is so important!)
- Why you should embrace being “followed” by your oncologist (even after you complete your treatments!)
- Jodie tells more about her experience with post-mastectomy intercostal neuralgia
- And much more!
Connect with Jodie Lin at her website
Join Jodie Lin in her Facebook group “Intercostal Neuralgia : Breast Spasms post Mastectomies and/or Radiation”
Read more about intercostobrachial neuralgia research here
Continue the conversation in my free private Facebook group, Surviving is JUST the Beginning
Follow me on Instagram to get the latest updates on the podcast
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 54: Barbara Caplan-Bennett on Losing Her Nose to Save Her Life The physical manifestations of cancer are unique to every journey, and some are more outwardly obvious than others. Our guest this week, Barbara Caplan-Bennett — a published author of several...
Episode 53: Paula Shepherd Gets Real w/ Her BRCA+ Journey Sometimes you don’t have to actually have HAD cancer to really understand some unspoken cancer truths, like what it’s like to be thrown into menopause at a young age or what that first look at yourself...
Episode 51: Get Organized and Defeat the Stress of Physical and Mental Clutter with Kerry Thomas From closets to email inboxes, clutter is everywhere. Let’s start the year reinvigorated by getting organized! This week's episode features declutter expert and life coach...