Episode 68: Caregivers Honoring Caregivers with Dr. Erika Michalski
If you’ve ever been a caregiver, you know how hard it can be to juggle the many support roles you take on for your loved one, along with taking care of yourself (and living your life!).
My guest this week, Dr. Erika Michalski, became a caregiver for her husband Dan when he was diagnosed with diffuse large b-cell lymphoma at age 28.
In this episode, Erika shares how she’s encouraging caregivers to support other caregivers, what it means to TRULY experience your joy and laughter, and why remaining authentic through Dan’s cancer journey was the MOST important thing for their family.
- The #1 thing Erika asks caregivers to do to keep their humanness
- Why she’s grateful for the people who helped her do things JUST for her
- The SHOCKING news Dan received from his oncologist (and what it meant for his treatment options)
- Different ways they created a sense of normalcy for their family during chemo
- Why Erika and Dan were ALWAYS intentional about their mindset during tough conversations
- Creative (and funny!) ways she created authentic joy and laughter during Dan’s cancer journey
- A BIG milestone they recently celebrated—plus, why Dan ended up dressed in drag
- And so much more!
Connect with Erika Michalski:
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 74: Lymphedema: an unexplained mystery indeed! I describe higher education as a little like a marathon! You finish it and feel elated but wow I am never doing that again and yet here I am working on my second masters in public health (and I have completed 3...
Episode 73: Switching Up the Standard of Care with Stacey Tinianov Did you know that you have choices when it comes to treating your cancer? You CAN be in charge of your health and have the personalized care you want! My guest this week, Stacey Tinianov, is a mom,...
Episode 72: Make the Choices that Reclaim Your Power No one chooses the cancer journey for themselves, so it’s up to us to make the experience the best we can. Have you thought about what choices you can make to empower yourself and live more fully in the world? In...