Episode 40:Health Screenings – How to Navigate the “Choose Your Own Adventure” Recommendations
We’ve all heard that we should be getting regular checkups; but the recommendations out there for WHAT to get and WHEN are often confusing, inconsistent, and sometimes even hard to find! No matter where you are on your cancer journey (and even if you have never had cancer!), whether you have a family history of cancer or not, and even when you feel you are healthy and fit, you NEED to be making preventative care a priority. On today’s episode, I’m decoding the recommended schedule for checkups and screenings and why there’s no excuse not to get many of them every year.
In this episode, I’m diving into:
- What to look for when analyzing recommendations and research
- How to navigate your healthcare when it feels like the recommendations are more of a “choose your own adventure” novel than a healthcare guide for dummies
- The surprises I found when I dug up the recommendations around screening timelines
- How to manage and navigate changing and conflicting preventative screening guidelines
- Why specialists are so important and I recommend having a specialist for everything
- The specialist you probably weren’t told about during your cancer treatment that can help you prevent debilitating consequences
- And so much more!
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 75: Health Awareness Month, EVERY Month You might be surprised to know that I'm not a fan of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (although I do appreciate the support!), but, I am an advocate for being health aware EVERY month, and I'm passionate about empowering...
Episode 74: Lymphedema: an unexplained mystery indeed! I describe higher education as a little like a marathon! You finish it and feel elated but wow I am never doing that again and yet here I am working on my second masters in public health (and I have completed 3...
Episode 73: Switching Up the Standard of Care with Stacey Tinianov Did you know that you have choices when it comes to treating your cancer? You CAN be in charge of your health and have the personalized care you want! My guest this week, Stacey Tinianov, is a mom,...