Episode 65: Connecting with the Cancer Community with Myra Perscky
Have you ever thought about joining a cancer support group? Connecting with people who are going through similar experiences is so incredibly important for any cancer journey. Not only can you get advice and encouragement, but you can meet amazing people—like I did with my guest this week, thyroid and triple positive breast cancer survivor thriver Myra Perscky.
In this episode, she’s sharing her health and cancer journey, why she is her own #1 health advocate, and the MANY ways she has benefited from the positive connections in cancer support communities.
- Why Myra started mammograms early
- What you might not know about the correlation between thyroid cancer and breast cancer
- Why you MUST find doctors you have COMPLETE faith in (this is so important!)
- Myra’s choice to undergo a lumpectomy versus a mastectomy
- Our shared experiences with “scanxiety” (and what we think needs to change about the mammogram results process)
- The #1 type of exercise she recommends to get moving and restore your body
- And so much more!
Join me for a Coffee Chat here
Follow me on Instagram to get the latest updates on the podcast
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 67: Ditch Negativity and Try Something New Have you ever felt scared to try something new? I've been there, too! Whether it's a new hobby, exercise routine, or an invitation, finding opportunities to venture out of your comfort zone can not only be positive,...
Episode 66: Transcend Your Trauma with Sue Bowe The survivorship journey presents its own unique challenges—although your cancer treatments may be done, there are many mental and emotional health aspects of living through cancer that still need to be addressed. This...
Episode 64: It’s Never Too Late for Love with Larry Indiviglia No matter where you are in your life, it’s never too late to find unconditional love. In this episode, author, speaker, and colorectal cancer survivor Larry Indiviglia is joining me to share his inspiring...