Episode 41: Lymphedema – The Facts vs Fiction of this Unspoken Cancer Truth
There are many things about cancer survivorship that we don’t get prepared for during diagnosis and treatment, and these are the things I created this podcast to shine a light on! One of the common ones that isn’t talked nearly enough about in the US is lymphedema, and that’s what I’m diving into on today’s episode. Join me as I explore the research around lymphedema, why it’s so important to think about during and after cancer treatment, and answering the most common questions about lymphedema.
I’m diving into:
- The massive disparity between specialists in this area in the United States vs Europe
- What causes lymphedema and why it can be so hard to catch and treat early
- The shocking amount of breast cancer survivors that suffer from this problem
- How you can head off lymphedema and manage it in a way that doesn’t become debilitating
- The early symptoms of lymphedema and why you should seek out a certified lymphedema therapist early
- And more!
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Ep. 81: Unspoken Cancer Truths: The Year in Review
Episode 81: Unspoken Cancer Truths: The Year in Review I can’t believe we are at the end of 2021! It has been another amazing year of Unspoken Cancer Truths™, and I’m so glad you’ve joined me along the way. In this episode, I’m recapping a snippet of each episode,...
Ep. 80: Recapture Your Well-Being
Episode 80: Recapture Your Well-Being .Are you prioritizing self-care and your well-being this holiday season? If you’re like me, you’ve probably been spending quite a bit of time on Zoom calls and meetings—so, I did a little research on “Zooming” and the impact it...
Ep79: Normalizing the Conversation on Grief and Loss with Lesleigh J. Tolin
Episode 79: Normalizing the Conversation on Grief and Loss with Lesleigh J. Tolin Loss can occur in so many ways, and how we process the accompanying grief is an important step that is often overlooked. That’s why I am so excited to bring you my chat with...