Episode 41: Lymphedema – The Facts vs Fiction of this Unspoken Cancer Truth
There are many things about cancer survivorship that we don’t get prepared for during diagnosis and treatment, and these are the things I created this podcast to shine a light on! One of the common ones that isn’t talked nearly enough about in the US is lymphedema, and that’s what I’m diving into on today’s episode. Join me as I explore the research around lymphedema, why it’s so important to think about during and after cancer treatment, and answering the most common questions about lymphedema.
I’m diving into:
- The massive disparity between specialists in this area in the United States vs Europe
- What causes lymphedema and why it can be so hard to catch and treat early
- The shocking amount of breast cancer survivors that suffer from this problem
- How you can head off lymphedema and manage it in a way that doesn’t become debilitating
- The early symptoms of lymphedema and why you should seek out a certified lymphedema therapist early
- And more!
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 67: Ditch Negativity and Try Something New Have you ever felt scared to try something new? I've been there, too! Whether it's a new hobby, exercise routine, or an invitation, finding opportunities to venture out of your comfort zone can not only be positive,...
Episode 66: Transcend Your Trauma with Sue Bowe The survivorship journey presents its own unique challenges—although your cancer treatments may be done, there are many mental and emotional health aspects of living through cancer that still need to be addressed. This...
Episode 65: Connecting with the Cancer Community with Myra Perscky Have you ever thought about joining a cancer support group? Connecting with people who are going through similar experiences is so incredibly important for any cancer journey. Not only can you get...