Episode 41: Lymphedema – The Facts vs Fiction of this Unspoken Cancer Truth
There are many things about cancer survivorship that we don’t get prepared for during diagnosis and treatment, and these are the things I created this podcast to shine a light on! One of the common ones that isn’t talked nearly enough about in the US is lymphedema, and that’s what I’m diving into on today’s episode. Join me as I explore the research around lymphedema, why it’s so important to think about during and after cancer treatment, and answering the most common questions about lymphedema.
I’m diving into:
- The massive disparity between specialists in this area in the United States vs Europe
- What causes lymphedema and why it can be so hard to catch and treat early
- The shocking amount of breast cancer survivors that suffer from this problem
- How you can head off lymphedema and manage it in a way that doesn’t become debilitating
- The early symptoms of lymphedema and why you should seek out a certified lymphedema therapist early
- And more!
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 55: My Journey as a Mom of an ALL Survivor w/ Sharon Bryant Baumgarten Sharon Bryant Baumgarten will never forget the exact moment she received the life-changing news that her 9 year old son, David, had leukemia. The whirlwind diagnosis took their family on a...
Episode 54: Barbara Caplan-Bennett on Losing Her Nose to Save Her Life The physical manifestations of cancer are unique to every journey, and some are more outwardly obvious than others. Our guest this week, Barbara Caplan-Bennett — a published author of several...
Episode 53: Paula Shepherd Gets Real w/ Her BRCA+ Journey Sometimes you don’t have to actually have HAD cancer to really understand some unspoken cancer truths, like what it’s like to be thrown into menopause at a young age or what that first look at yourself...