Episode 41: Lymphedema – The Facts vs Fiction of this Unspoken Cancer Truth
There are many things about cancer survivorship that we don’t get prepared for during diagnosis and treatment, and these are the things I created this podcast to shine a light on! One of the common ones that isn’t talked nearly enough about in the US is lymphedema, and that’s what I’m diving into on today’s episode. Join me as I explore the research around lymphedema, why it’s so important to think about during and after cancer treatment, and answering the most common questions about lymphedema.
I’m diving into:
- The massive disparity between specialists in this area in the United States vs Europe
- What causes lymphedema and why it can be so hard to catch and treat early
- The shocking amount of breast cancer survivors that suffer from this problem
- How you can head off lymphedema and manage it in a way that doesn’t become debilitating
- The early symptoms of lymphedema and why you should seek out a certified lymphedema therapist early
- And more!
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
UCT Ep. 42: When Your Arm Can Predict the Weather (More Lymphedema Facts and my Favorite Tips for Managing It!)
Episode 42: When Your Arm Can Predict the Weather (More Lymphedema Facts and my Favorite Tips for Managing It!) If your arm can predict the weather within a 48 hour window, then you know the struggles around this condition that isn’t talked about nearly enough:...
Episode 39: Mental Health Challenges in Survivorship (October Survivorship Panel - Part 4) For our final episode in this series, the panel and I are talking about one of the biggest and most impactful survivorship challenges we face, but that is rarely talked about:...
UCT Ep. 38: Chemo Brain – Managing Cognitive Challenges After Cancer (October Survivorship Panel – Part 3)
Episode 38: Chemo Brain - Managing Cognitive Challenges After Cancer (October Survivorship Panel - Part 3) You know that thing in the kitchen? That’s cold? And you put food in it? Oh yeah...the refrigerator! If you’ve found words like this escaping you as you journey...