Episode 41: Lymphedema – The Facts vs Fiction of this Unspoken Cancer Truth
There are many things about cancer survivorship that we don’t get prepared for during diagnosis and treatment, and these are the things I created this podcast to shine a light on! One of the common ones that isn’t talked nearly enough about in the US is lymphedema, and that’s what I’m diving into on today’s episode. Join me as I explore the research around lymphedema, why it’s so important to think about during and after cancer treatment, and answering the most common questions about lymphedema.
I’m diving into:
- The massive disparity between specialists in this area in the United States vs Europe
- What causes lymphedema and why it can be so hard to catch and treat early
- The shocking amount of breast cancer survivors that suffer from this problem
- How you can head off lymphedema and manage it in a way that doesn’t become debilitating
- The early symptoms of lymphedema and why you should seek out a certified lymphedema therapist early
- And more!
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 74: Lymphedema: an unexplained mystery indeed! I describe higher education as a little like a marathon! You finish it and feel elated but wow I am never doing that again and yet here I am working on my second masters in public health (and I have completed 3...
Episode 73: Switching Up the Standard of Care with Stacey Tinianov Did you know that you have choices when it comes to treating your cancer? You CAN be in charge of your health and have the personalized care you want! My guest this week, Stacey Tinianov, is a mom,...
Episode 72: Make the Choices that Reclaim Your Power No one chooses the cancer journey for themselves, so it’s up to us to make the experience the best we can. Have you thought about what choices you can make to empower yourself and live more fully in the world? In...