Episode 49: Meditation and Mindfulness for Stress and Chronic Pain with Camille Kennard
Whether you or a loved one are on a cancer journey or not, between constant social media and technology influences and an extended pandemic, anxiety and stress are super common today. If you’ve felt that way, you aren’t alone! That’s why I’m so excited to share this interview with you today with my guest, Camille Kennard. Camille is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, a certified health and wellness coach, and the founder of Flourish Health and Wellness Coaching. She’s a self-care specialist who is passionate about helping stressed out, busy people make themselves a priority and use mindfulness to become resilient to stress. We’re exploring how to introduce mindfulness meditation into your life (it doesn’t have to be fancy or take even more than 5 minutes a day!) and how to use it to help you manage stress and even chronic pain.
Let’s dive in!
- How learning and practicing skills of mindfulness can help you become resilient to stress
- The high level benefits of meditation (and what meditation REALLY is!)
- How to establish a meditation practice and create a space for stillness
- The difference between formal and informal meditation (and how to do both, even if you only have 5 minutes a day to practice!)
- How mindfulness and meditation can help you manage your chronic pain
- What mindfulness IS and ISN’T (hint: it’s NOT about being positive or happy all the time!)
- Camille’s best tips for finding your own anchor during your meditation practice
- 3 things to focus on to help you build a meditation practice and make it routine
- And a super special 10 minute guided meditation for you by Camille!
Continue the conversation in my free private Facebook Group, Surviving is JUST the Beginning
Connect with Camille
Check out Camille’s podcast, Wellness Wisdom
Want to appear as a guest?
Get the Episode
Episode 48: How to Set Achievable and Aligned Goals in 2021 As we enter into 2021, there’s a ton of focus on resolutions, making changes, and planning with some pretty discouraging statistics going around about how many people ACTUALLY achieve the resolutions they set...
Episode 47:A Year of Unspoken Cancer Truths As we prepare to say goodbye to 2020, I want to share with you a look back at some of the most inspiring interviews we had this year on the show and my favorite takeaways from them. If you’re on your own cancer journey or...
Episode 46: Keeping Fitness Joyful with Michelle Stravitz (Fitness in Survivorship, Part 4 of 5) All month I’ve been talking with survivors who are making fitness fun to bring you this series on Fitness in Survivorship, because whether you were a super athlete or...